- Privacy of Children. The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. The Site does not knowingly collect personal information online from users in this age group. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 18, please contact us. We strongly recommend that minors ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices
- Use of Personal Information Collected. We use the personal information we collect to provide our products and services to you, to measure and improve those products and services, and to provide you with customer support. In addition, we use personal information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you e-mail alerts.
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to send you marketing communications regarding our products and the products and services of third parties that we believe may be of interest to you, including by email.
- to personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- to administer blogs, chat, and other social media on our Site.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties.Except as set forth herein or with your consent, any personally identifying information that you provide to StayPutthrough the Site will not be disclosed to third parties not affiliated with StayPut. We may disclose personal information as follows:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, email and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services.
- by you, onmessage boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other social networks to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these social networks may become public information depending on your privacy settings both on the Site and the site on which the information is posted or disclosed.
- where you have opted in to our mailing list, we may share your email address with third parties who may promote products and services to you by email that may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by contacting us at support@StayPut.com.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- otherwise, with your consent.
While StayPut may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which StayPut discloses personal information is under an obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which StayPut exercises no control. StayPut is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
- Security Measures and Communicating with StayPut.StayPut has implemented features designed to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized release of or access to personal information provided to us. However, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from StayPut via the Site or via email cannot be, and is not, guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site’s content may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, StayPut is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
- Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request, StayPut will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by StayPut that has been voluntarily provided by you to StayPut through email, contact forms, or other online avenues. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by emailing StayPut at [support@StayPut.com]. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided by you to StayPut through email, contact forms, or other online avenues, prospectively retained by StayPut or used by StayPut for secondary purposes, by contacting StayPut.
- California Residents.California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request by email to support@StayPut.com.
Updated: June 27, 2018