Tips for Trimming
- If you desire to trim your piece of StayPut™ overlay, we recommend using a sharp pair of scissors and please be sure to trim PRIOR to peeling off any portion of the two-piece backing.
- If trimming, be sure to leave enough material so the StayPut™ overlay covers the entirety of the wearable device’s existing adhesive. StayPut™ is intended to be utilized as reinforcement and protection for the wearable device’s existing adhesive, therefore the piece of StayPut™ should be big enough to completely overlap the existing adhesive and should always make direct contact (on all sides) to the patient’s skin.
Tips for Application
- To ensure ease of application, be sure to gently pull apart the dual-perforations, located on the StayPut™ backing, prior peeling them off.
- After completing Step 1 (above), carefully peel off one side on the backing, fix any bunching that might have occurred, and place the sticky side directly onto the skin, so as to completely cover one half of wearable device’s existing adhesive.
- Firmly run your fingers over the placed piece StayPut™, smoothing out as necessary, to minimize any bunching, or air bubbles, that may have occurred upon application.
- After successfully placing the first side, carefully peel off the second piece of backing. Place the second half of the StayPut™ adhesive completely over the rest of the wearable device’s existing adhesive. Repeat the instructions in step 3.
- If you desire further instruction, please view the tutorial video, which is available on our website, under the Tips & Tricks drop down or on our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/stayputmedical)
- For best results, please try to avoid getting the StayPut™ overlay wet for at least an hour post-placement.
Tips for Removal
While StayPut™ overlays are incredibly durable, they can be removed with relative ease. Gently peel away the piece of StayPut™ from the skin, as you would a band-aid, and dispose. In some instances, there may be adhesive residue remaining on the skin, however this should come off by utilizing rubbing alcohol and a gentle scrubbing of the area. Using any other form of secondary adhesive (such as a skin prep or glue), may hinder the removal process, and require additional procedures for the skin.
- Cleaning the skin with an alcohol pad prior to placing the wearable device, and the piece of StayPut, is usually recommended. If doing so, please ensure the skin is completely dry prior to placing anything on the skin.
- If your piece of StayPut™ starts to fray during use, simply use a sharp pair of scissors to trim the frayed edges. Please do not pull off the fray edges by hand.